Books/sources on Joachim Meyer

This forum is open to all of the friends of the MFFG

Moderators:K.Maurer, Kevin Maurer, C. VanSlambrouck, mike cartier, C.VanSlambrouck

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DavyVanElst1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Books/sources on Joachim Meyer

Post by DavyVanElst1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi all,
I am pretty new to the study of Joachim Meyer and at the moment I use the transcription of the Joachim Meyer 1600 Fechtbuch by Wolfgang LandWehr
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3932077 ... d_i=301128 together with the translation that Krist Martens has made for the Hallebardiers, but I was wondering if there are any other good books/interpretations available of the works of Joachim Meyer?

At the moment I only know of 2 additional books that are available, being the Forgeng (which is not available at a reasonable price since it is out of print) :(
The other one is the translation to modern german by Alexander Kiermayer http://www.amazon.de/Joachim-Meyers-Kun ... p_t_2_JVS6, has anyone have any experience with that one?

Any help on good books/sources is more than welcome.

With kind regards,
Davy Van Elst
mike cartier
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Books/sources on Joachim Meyer

Post by mike cartier » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

We have partial translations of the 1600 by Jayson May on our website under the members section (curriculla link)

kevin is also working on a translation of the Rostock too i beleive.

Kevin has already done the 1560
mike cartier
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms

Re: Books/sources on Joachim Meyer

Post by mike cartier » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:19 pm

translations on the members website is link called translations. Currently only the longsword but we have a large portion of it done so far. Shows all known translations for a given piece. Currently we have 3 sources for meyer longsword.
Rasmussen, forgeng and my favorite the translation by jayson may

Return to “Public Forum”