Welcome to HROARR’s Community Pages

These pages will be focusing on the HEMA community and its events, happenings, tournament info and more.

You are of course all invited to publish your thoughts here!

Notice

The whole site is currently undergoing some radical changes aiming to improve how useful it is to the HEMA community. Please be patient while the work is completed.

The work is expected to take at least a week of fulltime work. Please consider supporting HROARR via Patreon.

Community News

News: HEMA comic book!

Here is something very cool. A HEMA comic book full of goodies, written and drawn by 14-year old Emma King, historical fencer, and daughter of Meyer Frei Fechter Guild instructor James Reilly.   "The story of a high school girl who accidentally tumbles into the world...

Community News

Help us make our vision come true

I posted the other day, asking you all to become patrons of HROARR, to pledge yourselves to paying a few dollars (or just a single dollar) every month to help me make my vision for HROARR come true. Basically, I am humbly asking for the historical fencing community to...

read more

Support Fighters Against Racism

Here is a campaign we support 100% and strongly encourage you to consider supporting as well. So, what is Fighters Against Racism? The Fighters Against Racism movement was started by David Rawlings of the London Longsword Academy to promote and provide a positive...

read more

NEWS: UFC’s Conor McGregor picks up HEMA

In a surprising but exciting move on the UFC YT Vlog, Irish UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor just announced that he will expand on his training regime by training HEMA and both longsword and spear in particular, and aiming to join the larger and tougher HEMA...

read more

Saluting the master

On this day, the 24th of February, 1571, Fencing Master Joachim Meyer died shortly after his arrival at the court of the Duke of Mecklenburg in Schwerin. One year earlier, on this day, he also signed his preface for his famous fencing treatise Gründtliche Beschreibung...

read more

Please help support HROARR!

Once again I would like to ask for your kind support in financing the server and software costs for the HROARR site. The funds we received from you last time are now running out fast and your help is crucial for the site to continue to exist. Please consider...

read more

Community Interviews

Search HROARR

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type
Downloads

Follow Us

Become a patron of HROARR!

Support HROARR on Patreon.com/hroarr